One small step by you
One giant leap for the animals
Objective of this Drive:
Give Indianapolis area residents the opportunity to create a Humane Society that truly represents the priorities of the animal welfare community, is a responsible steward of animal welfare dollars, and again becomes nationally recognized as a genuine advocate for all animals.
Step 1: Remove Ineffective and Irresponsible Board Members.
Remove any current Humane Society of Indianapolis board member who served during the 2000-2002 period.These Board Members never:
- Publicly apologized for allowing HSI funds to be used for personal expenses.
- Publicly apologized for running multimillion-dollar deficits while blaming the stock market and negative media coverage.
- Took a public stand on any local animal welfare issues.
Step 2: Select new Board Members by March 30th, 2004
- A slate of candidates representing animal welfare advocacy, city government, philanthropy, and fiscal management is being created. Candidate list will be posted on mtA web site and/or emailed by this date. All candidates will sign a pledge making the “Objective” their mandate from the community.
Step 3: Elect new Board Members in May 2004 at Annual Meeting
- Request Humane Society public hearing by April 15th to accept petitioners Objective, acknowledge resignations, and accept new candidate slate for election in May.